Doulentina – Doula in Amsterdam & surroundings
How do I work as a doula in Amsterdam?
As a doula, I am first of all a person who cares for you hence I am there for your wellbeing, in every setting.
I provide continuous physical and emotional, not-judgemental, unconditional and customised support.
Moreover, a doula is a trained professional. I have been trained by JJ Doula in Amsterdam (now BiA). Beside working for you, my work is certainly complementary to the midwife’ or gynaecologist’ s one.
Although the support I provide is primarily directed to the mother, I am there for the needs of the whole family.
Doula’s support is fundamental before, during and after childbirth. I will help the family achieving the healthiest, most satisfying experience possible.
Equally important, a doula provides evidence based information to mother’s requests. But also addresses her to different practitioners of her network, when needed. My doula network is rich of birth related professionals in Amsterdam and surroundings.
“Whenever and however you give birth, your experience will impact your emotions, your mind, your body, and your spirit for the rest of your life.” – Ina May Gaskin
For all these reasons, a doula is a way of being. She guides mother and dad to get closer to and un-reveil their inner selves and wishes, trying to strengthen their resources to become leaders of their own choices.
We can definitely say that a doula opens doors and creates bridges.
“When we as a society begin to value mothers as the givers and supporters of life, then we will see social change in ways that matter.” – Ina May Gaskin
Top reasons to hire a Doula:
- She is a source of information
- helps with the intensity of labour
- creates a team with the dad and other care providers to make the mother feels safe, comfortable, heard and relaxed
- is a constant encouragement
- is an unbiased support
- nourishes both parents
- Her presence and support decrease the rate of medical intervention (Borehn et al., 2017 – Cochrane Library) and increase the positive outcome of the birth (the Wendy effect)
- helps in compiling birth wishes (the birth plan)
- understands “birth language“
- guides the mother to feel EMPOWERED